Sara "Lisa" Avrit
I have worked in Texas public education for thirty-one years. The first twenty-three years were spent as a classroom teacher in grades 2-4. In August 2014, I joined the Quinlan ISD family as a Reading Specialist at D.C. Cannon.
In 2016, I transitioned to the Elementary Instructional Coach position. I support and work with classroom teachers at D.C. Cannon and A.E. Butler. As an instructional coach, I aim to cultivate an environment in which reflection and learning will occur. The environment allows teachers to safely take risks in altering their instructional practices which leads to powerful conversations where student and teacher growth is recognized and celebrated.
In 2021, I added the role of Texas Reading Academy Cohort Leader for Quinlan ISD, Boles ISD, and Lone Oak ISD. The goal of the Texas Reading Academies is to increase teachers' and principals' knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practices to positively impact student literacy achievement.
I currently hold the following Texas certifications:
- Elementary Self-Contained Grades (1-8)
- Elementary Reading Grades (1-8)
- Master Reading Teacher Grades (EC-12)
- Reading Specialist Grades (EC-12)
- English as a Second Language Supplemental Grades (EC-12)
- Principal Grades (EC-12)
As a believer in life-long learning, I have earned the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts in Psychology from Collin County Community College
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Texas A&M University - Commerce
- Master of Education in Teacher Leadership from Lamar University
- Master of Education in Literacy from University of Texas - Arlington
- Doctor of Education in Curriculum & Instruction from Texas A&M University - Commerce