Sara "Lisa" Avrit
I am the Elementary Instructional Coach for Quinlan ISD who supports and works with classroom teachers at D.C. Cannon and A.E. Butler. I believe creating relationships in which the teacher feels cared for and listened to allows for effective professional development. As an instructional coach, I can aid in cultivating an environment in which reflection and learning will occur. The environment allows teachers to safely take risks in altering their instructional practices which leads to powerful conversations where growth is recognized and celebrated.
I have worked in Texas public education for twenty-eight years. The first twenty-three years were spent as a classroom teacher in grades 2-4. In August 2014, I joined the Quinlan ISD family as a Reading Specialist at D.C. Cannon. I later accepted the position of Elementary Instructional Coach in 2016.
I currently hold the following Texas certifications:
- Elementary Self-Contained Grades (1-8)
- Elementary Reading Grades (1-8)
- Master Reading Teacher Grades (EC-12)
- Reading Specialist Grades (EC-12)
- English as a Second Language Supplemental Grades (EC-12)
- Principal Grades (EC-12)
As a believer in life-long learning, I have earned the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts in Psychology from Collin County Community College
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Texas A&M University - Commerce
- Master of Education in Teacher Leadership from Lamar University
- Master of Education in Literacy from University of Texas - Arlington